Alcoholic Beverages in the UK
Thealcoholic beverages market is very large and diverse, covering a range of products,including wines and spirits, beer and cider, liqueurs, and the newer-style alcopops, andpremium pre-mixed spirits. The UK market was worth about £28.2 billion in 1997, comparedwith just £6.7 billion for soft drinks, and between £5 billion and £6 billion for someof the largest food categories, such as bakery products, confectionery, and fresh produce.Per capita consumption is difficult to measure because of the various different strengthsof the products, but has been estimated to be equivalent to about 9 litres of pure alcoholper annum for the adult population. This puts the UK in the top 20 countries worldwide,but only just, at nineteenth place in 1996.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Protein interest offers drinks opportunities - NPD
- Boom time for soft drinks in West Europe?
- Patron's lesson for the broader spirits sector
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Rum "yet to maximise" GTR potential - Bacardi
- Leelex to open Portobello Road gin distillery
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Keurig Green Mountain in Hot Drinks (World)
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends