Alcoholic Beverages in the UK
Thealcoholic beverages market is very large and diverse, covering a range of products,including wines and spirits, beer and cider, liqueurs, and the newer-style alcopops, andpremium pre-mixed spirits. The UK market was worth about £28.2 billion in 1997, comparedwith just £6.7 billion for soft drinks, and between £5 billion and £6 billion for someof the largest food categories, such as bakery products, confectionery, and fresh produce.Per capita consumption is difficult to measure because of the various different strengthsof the products, but has been estimated to be equivalent to about 9 litres of pure alcoholper annum for the adult population. This puts the UK in the top 20 countries worldwide,but only just, at nineteenth place in 1996.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- George Clooney launches Tequila Casamigos in UK
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report