Alcoholic Beverages Alert - March 1999
European market watch Source : Beverage WorldInternational 1998 (November/December) Abstract : This articlediscusses UK drinking habits. According to watchdog group Alcohol Concern, about 7 millionBritons are risking their health by ignoring safe drinking limits. An AC report found that1.3 million men and 500,000 women consume harmful levels of alcohol, classified as morethan 50 units a week for men and 35 for women. Another 5 million are above the recommendedlimits of 21 units a week for men and 14 for women. About 5% are classified as addicted toalcohol, and 33,000 deaths annually are alcohol-related. Dangerous levels of drinkingamong women have doubled between 1984 and 1994 - from 3% to 6%. According to a recent BBCprogramme looking at female drinkers, amongst women who drink more than 25 units weekly,36% are professionals/management. Three times as many 18- to 24-year-olds are seriouslyexceeding recommended drinking levels compared with other age groups.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Heineken seeks "clarity" in Indonesia
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- Pernod Ricard unveils new Absolut bottle
- Beam Suntory to strip down regional units
- Diageo's United Spirits calls on Mallya to quit
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- PepsiCo US to replace aspartame in Diet Pepsi
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets