Alcoholic Beverages Alert - March 1999
European market watch Source : Beverage WorldInternational 1998 (November/December) Abstract : This articlediscusses UK drinking habits. According to watchdog group Alcohol Concern, about 7 millionBritons are risking their health by ignoring safe drinking limits. An AC report found that1.3 million men and 500,000 women consume harmful levels of alcohol, classified as morethan 50 units a week for men and 35 for women. Another 5 million are above the recommendedlimits of 21 units a week for men and 14 for women. About 5% are classified as addicted toalcohol, and 33,000 deaths annually are alcohol-related. Dangerous levels of drinkingamong women have doubled between 1984 and 1994 - from 3% to 6%. According to a recent BBCprogramme looking at female drinkers, amongst women who drink more than 25 units weekly,36% are professionals/management. Three times as many 18- to 24-year-olds are seriouslyexceeding recommended drinking levels compared with other age groups.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- The Beer Engine that is Africa
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review