Alcoholic Beverages Alert - March 1999
European market watch Source : Beverage WorldInternational 1998 (November/December) Abstract : This articlediscusses UK drinking habits. According to watchdog group Alcohol Concern, about 7 millionBritons are risking their health by ignoring safe drinking limits. An AC report found that1.3 million men and 500,000 women consume harmful levels of alcohol, classified as morethan 50 units a week for men and 35 for women. Another 5 million are above the recommendedlimits of 21 units a week for men and 14 for women. About 5% are classified as addicted toalcohol, and 33,000 deaths annually are alcohol-related. Dangerous levels of drinkingamong women have doubled between 1984 and 1994 - from 3% to 6%. According to a recent BBCprogramme looking at female drinkers, amongst women who drink more than 25 units weekly,36% are professionals/management. Three times as many 18- to 24-year-olds are seriouslyexceeding recommended drinking levels compared with other age groups.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- How good a sustainability fit are ABI and SAB?
- Interview - Heineken global activation director
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Chandon to become "third pillar brand" for MH
- Brown-Forman silent on Southern Comfort report
- Pay freeze anger threatens Carlsberg UK site
- Stoli appoints international marketing director
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research