An opportunity lost: A case for active business systems
Imagine this scenario: A great deal of timeand money was spent on market research to develop the perfect tasting, adult soft drink.It was vanilla flavor and as clear as spring water. The customer base was extremelyexcited about the new line given the correct pricing levels and margin percentages. Thelaunch was just in time for a long hot summer when soft drink sales would increasesix-fold. For the manufacturer, it would mean grasping a major chunk of the market place.While there was some spare production capacity, the uplift in sales and subsequent profitwould more than justify capital expenditure on the latest manufacturing technologies.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Elements 8 revamps rum packaging
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report