An opportunity lost: A case for active business systems
Imagine this scenario: A great deal of timeand money was spent on market research to develop the perfect tasting, adult soft drink.It was vanilla flavor and as clear as spring water. The customer base was extremelyexcited about the new line given the correct pricing levels and margin percentages. Thelaunch was just in time for a long hot summer when soft drink sales would increasesix-fold. For the manufacturer, it would mean grasping a major chunk of the market place.While there was some spare production capacity, the uplift in sales and subsequent profitwould more than justify capital expenditure on the latest manufacturing technologies.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends