£100 Million Tonic for Scotch Whisky
Diageo is investing over £100 millionbehind its Johnnie Walker brand this year, involving a highly innovative global marketingcampaign, in an effort to spur growth in the Scotch whisky market. Scotch whisky is extremely important toDiageo accounting for roughly 25% of group profits. Diageo, through its United Distillers& Vintners spirits arm controls about 40% of the Scotch whisky market, and owns fourof the top ten selling Scotch whisky brands (see Table One). UDV is, of course, by far theworld's largest spirits group, being at least double the size of its nearest rivals -Allied Domecq, Seagram and Bacardi. See "
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- PepsiCo to consider more re-franchising - CEO
- Cleaning China's seedier side brings Remy balance
- Focus - SABMiller's Q1 Performance by Region
- Brazil could have been worse - Coca-Cola Co CEO
- Coca-Cola's H1 & Q2 Performance by Region
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Alcohol retailer group appoints new chairman
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action