£100 Million Tonic for Scotch Whisky
Diageo is investing over £100 millionbehind its Johnnie Walker brand this year, involving a highly innovative global marketingcampaign, in an effort to spur growth in the Scotch whisky market. Scotch whisky is extremely important toDiageo accounting for roughly 25% of group profits. Diageo, through its United Distillers& Vintners spirits arm controls about 40% of the Scotch whisky market, and owns fourof the top ten selling Scotch whisky brands (see Table One). UDV is, of course, by far theworld's largest spirits group, being at least double the size of its nearest rivals -Allied Domecq, Seagram and Bacardi. See "
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Edrington posts FY profits drop
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research