£100 Million Tonic for Scotch Whisky
Diageo is investing over £100 millionbehind its Johnnie Walker brand this year, involving a highly innovative global marketingcampaign, in an effort to spur growth in the Scotch whisky market. Scotch whisky is extremely important toDiageo accounting for roughly 25% of group profits. Diageo, through its United Distillers& Vintners spirits arm controls about 40% of the Scotch whisky market, and owns fourof the top ten selling Scotch whisky brands (see Table One). UDV is, of course, by far theworld's largest spirits group, being at least double the size of its nearest rivals -Allied Domecq, Seagram and Bacardi. See "
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- LIVE BLOG: Industry responds to Scotland 'No' vote