£100 Million Tonic for Scotch Whisky
Diageo is investing over £100 millionbehind its Johnnie Walker brand this year, involving a highly innovative global marketingcampaign, in an effort to spur growth in the Scotch whisky market. Scotch whisky is extremely important toDiageo accounting for roughly 25% of group profits. Diageo, through its United Distillers& Vintners spirits arm controls about 40% of the Scotch whisky market, and owns fourof the top ten selling Scotch whisky brands (see Table One). UDV is, of course, by far theworld's largest spirits group, being at least double the size of its nearest rivals -Allied Domecq, Seagram and Bacardi. See "
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets